Community Strategic Plan Grant Program Guidelines
Applications for the Community Strategic Plan Grant Program open at midday on Thursday 5 May 2022 and close Thursday 26 May 2022 at 11:59 pm.
The Community Strategic Plan Grants Program supports initiatives that deliver a range of social, cultural and economic benefits to the community of Norfolk Island. The program provides financial support to local community groups, organisations and clubs to facilitate the delivery of community projects and events.
The Councils Community Strategic Plan 2016-2026 has six key strategic directions. Applications for funding under this grant program are required to meet one of the six directions.
- An Environmentally Sustainable community
- A Proud, Diverse and Inclusive community
- A Caring community
- A Successful and Innovative community
- An Informed and Accountable community
- A Healthy and Safe community.
Funded projects should also align with the objectives outlined in the Community Strategic Plan, to:
- use and manage our resources wisely
- preserve a healthy environment
- maintain cultural expression
- protect our built heritage
- work together and build successful partnerships
- ensure that Norfolk Island is a great and safe place to live and visit
- build a strong, diverse and vibrant business environment and a skilled workforce
- ensure an informed community and transparency in decision making
- promote active and healthy residents and
- deliver a focused and coordinated approach to health care.
Funding for this grant is established through Council’s annual budget process. In the 2021/2022 financial year, each project application is able to apply for a grant up to a maximum of $5,000.
Before applying, it is important that you read the grant guidelines document that is attached to this page carefully.
If you have any questions, contact Customer Care on local free call 0100 or 22244. You can also email your queries to customercare [at] nirc.gov.nf
To apply for this grant go to https://norfolkisland.smartygrants.com.au/CSP